"The rules of the game get posted at the beginning. Each player answers the questions about themselves. At the end of the post, the player then tags 5-6 people and posts their names, then goes to their blogs and leaves them a comment, letting them know they’ve been tagged and asking them to read your blog.
Let the person who tagged you know when you’ve posted your answer."
1) What was I doing 10 years ago?
Oh, that’s easy! I was either sitting in a rocking chair rocking a baby that never slept, NOT EVER, not even for a MINUTE or I was wandering endlessly around the apartment bouncing a baby that never slept, NOT EVER, not even for a MINUTE until the crazy lady downstairs called the office to complain (SCREAMING into the phone to be absolutely sure I overheard the conversation) that I was WALKING AROUND UPSTAIRS. The nerve of me, walking around in my apartment like I owned the place or something! Harrumph!!
2) What are 5 things on my to-do list for today (not in any particular order):
1. Call landscapers about the backyard.
2. Have a heart attack at the price they quote me to replace the lawn my husband so cheerfully destroyed with RoundUptwo years ago saying, “This one is toast, I’m going to kill it and put in a new one next weekend.”
4. Have heart attack over the cost of day camps for children these days.
5. Refill prescriptions.
6. Have heart attack over the price of the prescriptions. (Yeah, that’s six. But seriously, six comes so fast after five that they kinda HAVE to go together.)
3) Snacks I enjoy:
Baby carrots (yes, really – c’mon, they’re like, the candy of the vegetable world!)
M&Ms (after they have been appropriately sorted)
Corn tortillas with melted Jack cheese and fresh ground pepper
4) Things I would do if I were a billionaire:
Not have so many heart attacks, for one thing. Hmm. For me personally, I’d hire a nanny and provide FULL benefits, including tuition reimbursement and a flexible work schedule if she wants to go to college and do something OTHER than watching children for the rest of her life. And a full-time housekeeper, ditto.
I’m big into education, so I’d probably set up a trust to provide scholarships for folks trying to get higher education on a shoestring.
Other than that…I don’t know that much would change, really. Odd, huh? But I just don’t have that many things I desperately want but can’t have anymore. Somebody should have asked me this twenty years ago. Boy, would I have had a sixteen page answer back then…
OH WAIT! I thought of something!! I’d buy myself a groovy old Westfalia, trick it out and toodle around camping in it with whichever Denizens are willing to put up with their insane mother.
5) Places I have lived:
California, born and raised. San Francisco, San Rafael, San Ramon, three whole months in London, and Central Valley, California.
6) 6 peeps I wanna know more about:
Rather than get any of my peeps irritated with me, I’m going to take the cop-out method and say TAG, YOU’RE IT!!!