According to my Ravelry notebook, I started working on the Fia Pullover in March 2013; as I recall, I got the sleeves done in no time flat, and then shot through about the first three inches of the main body…and then…well…I suddenly went, “…eh…” and set it aside.
Just as suddenly, I regained my enthusiasm for it not terribly long ago, pulled it out and started working on it again. It’s actually a rather pleasant knit – the “main” pattern requires having the ability to count and pay attention and thus I can readily see why I decided it made lousy BART knitting…but the side patterns are very easily memorized and require almost zero thought to speak of.
Which means that I can totally work on this while I’m watching foreign films with subtitles. Woot.
I realized last night that I was a mere ten rounds from the Beginning of the End – the shoulder shaping.
At the moment, I am choosing to ignore the fact that there is still a lot of work to be done on this after the shoulders are cast off, and am allowing myself to enjoy the feeling of being “almost done” with it at last.
That I then have the blocking to do, and sewing and cutting the steeks on the main body and the sleeves, attaching the sleeves, and then the picking up and knitting of the collar…are problems for later.
For right now, I’m almost done.
Wow, that's gorgeous! It may have taken a break there, but such nice knitting. Congrats!
Yay you! It's a gorgeous sweater and a lot of hard work. I hope it looks lovely on.
I would count it almost done. Holy crap, that's a lotta knitting. Beeeyoutiful.
Post a Comment